Thursday 5 January 2012

2012 here we come

Happy new year to one and all! I cannot believe how quick the last year has gone and that we are now in 2012, where has the time gone?!

I hope everyone had a super christmas and new years? My Christmas was very quiet, but I quite liked it that way, I got some lovely little presents, including some fabulous vintage jewellery bits from my friends, Sam Cookes biography, a brand new camera, and the one and only Bruno Mars album that I have waited all my life it seems to own (believe me it was worth the wait! My life is now complete!)  and many other bits and bobs, I was so over the moon with all my goodies, I just don't know how I'm going to get them back down to Chatham!

The rest of the Christmas period was once again very quiet but New Years ever made up for it, I ended up going down to London to the Boston Arms in Tuffnell park, one of my favourite rockabilly clubs in London town, I had told myself that I wasn't going to go out at all and was going to spend it being boring in Lowestoft but no I got my arm twisted to go to the boston and I'm so glad I did.


I got to see lots of friends that I hadn't seen in many months and got to put my glad rags on and dance the night away, which I hadn't done in the same amount of months it seemed, and boy did my feet pay for it! I wore a vintage sixties velvet pencil dress which I decided to embellish myself by gluing gems on the dress and stitching beads around the collar, I kept it quite simple but I think it was effective, I teamed it with some black pumps from New Look and my white lucite handbag, ohh la la!

 Me and my gorgeous girls Clare and Tasha, you can almost see my dress!







A good night had by all I think, it really took it out of me being up until gone 5am but the bags under my eyes were well worth it I'd say, I did feel a little guilty going out but it was the last event of the 2011 so in 2012 I'll be good.
Which leads me onto my next rant, over the new year period, we all decide what our resolutions will be and I think this year I've decided on millions of resolutions that I want to achieve, I hope I'll achieve most of them, but we shall see as the year goes on!

My first is to graduate from university with an overall 2:1 because that really has been my goal since year two, I'm not expecting a first but if I got a 2:1 I would be over the moon because I know then I would have tried my hardest.

My second is to get a job or internship that I am happy with by the end of the year, so I know my course hasn't been a waste really, I've always wanted to do well and get a job that I'm happy in so if I got this, this year I know my life would then be on the right track.


I have lots of little ones aswell such as read more, I cannot wait to read for pleasure once I've finished university, I've got so many books I want to read but it's just having the time to do so, after May I will turn into a bit of a nerd for a few months, bring it on!  

Another is to spend less time on blasted facebook, it's rather difficult when I've got my fanpage on there but I think I have to do it because I'm turning into an obsessive hermit otherwise, so if I can limit my time on that and do something more better with my time, like read or do university work, Bettina will be a happy bunny!! 

Finally my last is to do more for others, now I like to think that I already do quite a lot for others but I always try and find room for improvement and I'd like to be less selfish and more selfless this year, even by doing the littlest of things hopefully I can make a difference. 

Lets hope I keep up with my resolutions!
I apologise for the lack of images, I forgot to take pictures of anything it seems

Until Next Time
Toodle Pip
xxx



1 comment:

  1. You look great!

    xxx

    http://livingasunnyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete