Monday 7 February 2011

And the addiction begins

It now seems that the only time I get a chance to do my blog is late at night, as I type this it has just gone past midnight and bizarrely I am not in bed! To be honest though if I didn't write this now I would have probably forgotten by tomorrow (well later on today) and pushed it aside! So while I'm still (half) awake I'm quickly posting before I hit the hay!
Basically I just wanted to show off a little, which if you know me, is something I like to do often enough, however good enough time to brag, while I was trailing the Internet the other day with my house mate I went on a few websites that sold Vivienne Westwood shoes, I've always adored her clothes/bags/shoes you name it, I've drooled over it and I came across the Melissa shoes, I'd seen these in past collections and fell in love immediately however they were always a bit out of my price league, once again for those who know me, over £10 is normally a no go for me! Also I had the chance to try a pair on before Christmas, hoping Father Christmas would treat me to a pair (which he didn't!) and as I tried on the heels, unfortunately I thought they were not for me, basically because my feet felt like they were in some kind of pole dancers shoe so I gave up on this dream.
Until now.. It completely slipped my mind that in these collections they also did flats! Low and behold my saviour, I went shopping with my fella recently and saw a pair for £70 (£85 on the tinterweb) and he said he would treat me to some but I... for once put my foot down and said no...until now when I came across a rather nice sale section on a Vivienne Westwood site where they were selling the Melissa flats for a damn good offer! I saw two pairs I liked, one in a size 7, one in an 8, I'm an awkward size so I didn't know what to get, and I thought well you only live once and bought both for a brilliant price and thought if one pair didn't fit I'd return them, however when I got them, they both strangely seemed to fit so I just had to keep them both! Luckily my fella stuck by his word and bought them for me ( I am at university after all, poor student and all that!) And here are my new  babies themselves:


Aren't they beautiful, I think I'm going to treasure them forever, I can officially say I own designer,
well I do own a vintage Jaegar coat but you know what I mean.
                                                               


I love them and think they go well with the majority of my vintage and repro 40s and 50s clothes because they are quite kitsch don't you think?
Until Next Time
Toodle Pip
xxx


2 comments: