Saturday 25 December 2010

Merry Christmas one and all

I wish all my lovely followers a very Happy Christmas, I hope you all got what you wished for! This year I had no idea whatsoever what I was getting from my family which was nice because I usually have an inkling but no not at all, so it was a lovely surprise to receive many books and DVDs including a book on Christian Dior and Coco Chanel which was really for  educational purposes but it is great to have these for a bit of light reading, well if you can call it that, my parents also gave me Mad Men series one to three on box set which to be honest I had been on about having it for a while now as it is the series to be obsessed with if you didn't know!  This series has been hitting the headlines this year as the must see TV with curvaceous ladies and handsome chaps who work for an advertising company .


The second box set I got was the whole collection of Marilyn Monroe films!! This made me very happy as I do love a bit of Marilyn so now I can sit at home and have some girly nights in with my ladies!
Once all the pressies were opened we sat down to a lovely meal that my mother made and I have to say I was feeling a bit worse for wear from last nights Christmas eve antics and drunk a  bit too much rum so unfortunately I couldn't eat it all but it was still yummy!
We sat down to watch Singing in the Rain and White Christmas, what could be more delightful!? Since I was young (this sounds rather stereotypical now) my mother and myself always used to watch the old MGM musicals and dream of having an outfits like actresses such as Rosemary Clooney and Grace Kelly once wore. It seemed such a nice way to spend Christmas day just relaxing watching these old films. I can't help but smile when I do watch them, and always try to figure out how they styled their hair, I will get it one day!

 









It also got me thinking on how things such as Vaudeville aren't as popular anymore, I know we have Burlesque which is about to hit the mainstream however would people really want to go see Vaudeville still?  I certainly would, it's definitely something lighthearted which is what we need for people to relax from the stresses of the 21st century however I'm not convinced it would be for everyone with the technical world we live in, it would be somewhat a Niche and underground which is how Burlesque started, but obviously during the early 20th century there was little else for people to do so they enjoyed going to the theatre to see Vaudeville.


So Christmas for 2010 has come and gone and I am now another year older hitting the grand old age of 21 and what a blast it's been. If 2011 is as exciting as 2010 bring it on I say!
Happy Christmas to you all and have a smashing New year, keep off the drink.. I know I will hehe.
Until Next Time
Toodle Pip
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment