Monday 9 August 2010

A little bit of glamour goes a long way


So I have been rather behind on my blog for the past week or so which I apologise for! A gal has to work you know to buy these pretty things on ebay and oh I've been buying pretty things, a little too much I think, but a treat is necessary once in a while!
     You see I'm after some more capri pants because I want to get out of the habit of wearing jeans ALL the time, don't get me wrong, I love my vintage jeans, they are soo comfy, almost as comfy as my bed... Well I don't know about that, and they do look so much better then modern jeans because of how fitted they are to your body, even in jeans, you feel like a lady! (I never thought I'd say that!) You can pick them up at weekenders or on ebay no problem and for a bargin every once and a while. But back to my main point...
     In todays day n age you see everyone in jeans when back in the day they were only seen as working trousers, and were only seen as cool when Marilyn wore them in the Misfits and Mr Dean wore them in rebel without a cause, however  women go for comfort now instead of glamour and wear jeans day in day out, I see this as a big shame as women should be proud to be women am I right?  So today they only seem to wear skirts and dresses on special occasions where as women in the 40s and 50s always wore skirts and dresses. If you want a mans opinion, ask any on the rockin scene, they love to see a gal dressed up to the nines and a bit of glamour does go a long way, even any fella be him rockin or not loves to see a girl in a skirt, I don't care what anyone says. 
Yes ladies, you put a stunning pencil skirt on, you'l have men looking like this, minus the tail of course

  I want to get back into this habit so I'm on the hunt for more pencil skirts, capri pants and day dresses to bring a bit more femininity back into my life. I've managed to pick up a couple of pairs of capris from a friend and on a vintage site, both reasonably priced! So I'm sure you'll see me wearing these day to day and maybe banish the jeans for lazy days only? Oh one can dream! Until then, I'l have to spend my spare time browing the world of ebay.. for a change..
A few vintage snaps I found of gals looking super duper wearin day dresses and capris!

No comments:

Post a Comment