Thursday 10 March 2011

Sweet tooth?? Fat Chance!!

It's that time of year again ladies and gents, yes the dreaded time of which is Lent ( I apologise to anyone who may get offended by this but it's dreaded to me!) . Shrove Tuesday was fast approaching and I started thinking what would I give up? Now I'm not religious but I find Lent a good way to help cut down on certain demons that I may like to indulge in a bit too often. I've decided to give up sweet stuff again because as everyone knows my sweet tooth is more like a set of sweet false teeth so I would bite the bullet and give up chocolate, I did this last year and just managed by the skin of my teeth, I decided to keep with this and step it up a notch, I've given up sweets too ( no I'm not five years old!) good god how will I manage, it's only the second day and I'm craving already.
Before I used to scoff on this

and now I'm resorted to finding my fix in other forms
such as reduced Hot cross buns, doughnuts and yogurt
I live the high life
mmmmm now doesn't that  wet your appetite?! No? me neither!
But for 40 days I will be putting myself through it just to make me feel
a little about myself
But when those 40 days are up I will be doing this

And I'm counting down the days already!
people I'm putting my Easter egg shopping list in and hinting at the right people so fingers crossed!
Until Next Time
Toodle Pip
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment